All you need to be a Parent Ambassador is a desire to support your school and improve education in Hawaii!
You don’t have to attend regular meetings (but you are always welcome to attend!) or even have a lot of background.
Download our Parent Ambassador flyer and please share it with your friends!
We hope you’ll join by clicking here and entering your info.
What does a Parent Ambassador do?
Support and Improve our schools for the benefit of all Hawaii keiki!
Help to address the challenges in our schools.
Spread good news about our schools!
Increase Parent Engagement at Your School by communicating with your network, school groups and leaders on urgent education issues.
Encourage other parents to engage and share their voice.
Be Informed and Influence Education Issues by our updates on state education issues (Participate in legislative issues if you wish.)
Update Parents for Public Schools of Hawaii on parent and teacher views at your school.
What are the benefits of being a Parent Ambassador?
As a Parent Ambassador you will receive:
- training to assist in supporting your students’ education and the quality of your school and to enhance your leadership skills,
- updates on education policy and legislative action,
- materials to share with parents and administrators at your school,
- free admission to the 2018 EIH School Empowerment Conference
- air flight and hotel accommodations for that conference and the parent engagement workshop– for neighbor island parents
And as a Parent Ambassador, you will be
- a part of the network of Parent Ambassadors sharing information,
- a leader in Parents for Public Schools- Hawaii participating in national, state and local discussions,
- welcome to engage in legislative meetings with other PPS-HI leaders.
How can I become a Parent Ambassador?
Just complete the sign up survey that follows– we will get back to you with details.
(There is a limit of 2 Parent Ambassadors per school.)